The Reformer that Balanced Body® makes to my specifications is top-quality, superbly crafted with attention to detail, and built to stand up under hard usage. Most importantly, it’s built from the original, authentic models designed by Joe Pilates, improved with Balanced Body’s updated materials and mechanical techniques.”
Ron Fletcher was a dancer when he began his studies with Joseph and Clara Pilates in 1946. After Joe passed away, Ron continued to work with Clara. In 1970, he opened a Pilates exercise studio in Beverly Hills, attracting a Hollywood clientele and establishing Pilates on the West Coast.
Balanced Body has built custom Reformers for Ron since 1985. We are delighted to offer these superb machines in our catalog. Based on plans given to Ron by Clara Pilates, the Ron Fletcher Reformer is slightly shorter and narrower than our Studio Reformers. It features adjustable latigo leather straps and handles, a 3-position footbar and four springs.
Features of the Ron Fletcher Reformer:
Height: 14″ Length: 93″ Width: 25.5″
- Strata Rock Maple or Strata Artisan Maple with Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Fine furniture frame. Hand sanded and finished with a lustrous satin finish.
- Heavy-duty hardware throughout. All accessible aluminum parts are anodized to reduce friction, prevent oxidation, and eliminate “black dust.”
- Precision carriage tracking system creates an ultra-smooth, virtually silent ride. Our 8-wheel system features four custom-built vertical wheels to support the carriage, and four adjustable sidewheels to guide the carriage smoothly down the track. All wheels are built with Abec 3 bearings.
- 2-position padded headrest for cervical support.
FootBar and Spring Bar
- Single support Footbar with three positions, including down.
- Narrow Footbar diameter (2″) with padded, non-slip cover.
- No-Roll Springbar prevents downward rotation when springs are removed, making spring changes faster and simpler.
- 2 gears (Springbar positions).
- Accurate springs ensure users can consistently repeat movements.
- Durable nickel-plated springs with tapered ends and swivel hooks. Standard configuration: 4 red (medium).
- Exclusively offered by Balanced Body, these are the longest-lasting springs available.